Sunday, January 20, 2008

A few shots from this weekend

We've had a busy couple days at our house with Mom and the three girls, and Katie and her two boys visiting....so I haven't had much time to sit at the computer. Here are a few pictures from this weekend's adventures.


Katie took the kids to the playground by herself two days in a row to get them out for a while -- 8 kids one day, 9 the next -- what a super mom/aunt/sister. They had a blast both times ... in this picture they wanted KT to catch them in mid-air.

Gage playing in the big tire.

My good friend Amber and her two youngest joined us for our adventure at the aquarium. Here is Bailey, Oliver, Mom, Eliot, Mason, Marlow and Amber (with baby Willem in the stroller) by the touch tank, trying to pet the little sharks and stingrays.

We saw the big sea turtle up close for quite a while as it swam back in forth. I love how up close you get to see such amazing creatures.

Mason, watching a shark.

Marlow, Eliot and Oliver in a glass cave at the aquarium.

Mom -- this weekend's birthday girl.

The long slide is always a big hit with my kids.

We do not only love the big slide because it is fun, but because Joseph built it....for real. Our playground was a volunteer built playground and he headed-up the big slide project. We're pretty proud of the part he was involved with -- it is a hot item at the St. Elmo Playground.

Marlow was too scared to slide, but she enjoyed watching with Katie.

Super Katie herself, swinging Gage.

Meal times are pretty busy, making the food, feeding the kids, finding an empty chair...

Gage doing a bit of reading

One more slide shot....we have about fifty. Marley sliding with my nephews.....by the way, it is really hard to slide on such a long slide with two little kids. Once when I was pregnant (BIG, like 8 months) with Gemma, I slide down this slide with Marlow and Eliot and somehow we got all messed up and I ended up falling right off the end of the slide clutching Eliot and trying to keep Marlow from falling too. There were TONS of people at the playground that day so it was pretty embarrassing. Everybody was worried about me because I was pregnant....I felt like I should jump up and yell, "Ta da!" like I was just preforming a crazy sliding trick....but like I said, I was kinda big and not very good at jumping.

The "super hero" poses ... they all look pretty super to me.

3 comments:

Paige said...

Great pics, great post...looks like a fantastic weekend!

Michelle D said...

So much fun to look at these and you made me laugh:) Thanks Ame.

March said...

like your pictures!