Sunday, January 13, 2008

Demolition Crew

The kids and I put together a gingerbread house over Christmas break...we actually never finished decorating it, but the other night they wanted to go ahead and eat it.  It was an inexpensive house (aka: super cheap) I picked up at Target so I did not expect for it be very tasty, but I agreed to let the kids tear it up.  They had fun taking it apart and eating the candy, but everybody agreed that the gingerbread did not taste good.  

... getting started
....trying to get a starlight mint off a hunk of rock hard icing
.... having a little taste

... taking it apart

... reminds me of when we bought our house

... trying to chew some candy off the front wall.
I can only handle so much these days with all the kids, but I hope next year we can make our own gingerbread house that looks cool and is actually delicious.  We have an awesome cast iron gingerbread mold to make a gingerbread barn with animals.... be looking for pictures next Christmas :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy - we bought the same Target gingerbread house -and the cookie part was inedible. I also had thoughts of trying to make the gingerbread next Christmas. It won't be as perfect looking, but hopefully tastier!

Anonymous said...

I never heard of cast iron molds for gingerbread buildings. That should be facinating next year!
MOM Mary