Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Good morning with Asa

Asa and I had a good morning getting ready for school. We've got a nice autumn chill finally settling in which opens the doors to new (and in my opinion better) wardrobe selections. Asa usually wears a T-shirt to school, but he requested a "school shirt like Ezra" which means with a collar. I picked a rugby shirt which he was pleased with.

While I was making his sandwich, he walked in and asked, "What are these kind of shirts called again?"

I said, "It's a rugby shirt."

He said, "Oh. I thought it was a turtle head."

"Turtle neck", I said.

"Oh yeah. That."

He was so cute and grown-up-looking, I couldn't resist a little spontaneous photo shoot...


Hamming it up, as usual.


This is what he did when I said to lean on the post and look "casual."


And this is him putting his arms by his side and relaxing.


Notice the new paint color behind that smiling face.


Politely asking, "OK, can we be done now?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I especially like the "casual" look.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Asa. You look great in the rugby shirt, and I like the color on the house, too.

Anonymous said...

I love it when you post conversations with the boys. I miss my little buddies - sniff, sniff. I can't believe how old Asa looks! I'm missing out.

Auntie Michelle

ruth harlow said...

Joseph, it was so GOOD to laugh out loud while reading this and looking at Asa's poses. >sigh<
Ruth

Anonymous said...

The photos of Asa are so adorable, I just want to reach in the computer and hug him. Tell Asa my favorite winter shirt is a "turtle head". G'ma

Carla said...

how adorable!

Anonymous said...

Gideon had the best time with Asa Friday night!