Monday, January 18, 2010

Dreams and parachutes




Eliot is going to be a super dad. Here he is with a baby strapped to his back while he buckles another into her stroller. He and Gemma play house a lot. They load up purses and bags with food and stuff, and then load the babies into the strollers or baby back packs or grocery cart, and then wander around the house with them. Usually Eliot is "Dad" and Gemma is "girl." It is pretty fun to watch. The do not break character and it gets a bit confusing sometimes to hear Gemma yell "Dad!" and then hear Eliot answer, "What girl?"

Saturday morning Joseph let me sleep in, and when he finally came to wake me (at 11:30!) he had eggs and bacon and a cup of tea waiting for me downstairs. He had made egg sandwiches for himself, Eliot and Gemma. As we sat down to eat together Eliot told us about his dream from that night.

E: I dreamed I was in an airplane and I jumped out with a parachute.
Me: Wow, that's a cool dream. Were you scared?
E: No! I dream that every time.
Me: Every time? Every time you go to sleep?
E: Yeah.
Me: You dream that you parachute out of a plane every night?
E: (looks at me like I'm crazy) Yeah! But I don't land in the water.
Me: Oh? Where do you land?
E: (looks at me like I'm crazy) On the ground! BUT I wish I would land on a bear that would take me home.

..... Joseph and I cracked-up laughing. This kid comes up with the funniest stuff. It is not as hilarious to read, but just hang out with him for a little while -- he is funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a riot! Tell us more! MOM

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. . .I wonder where he got the model for being a great dad. . .MOM

Michael Nichols said...

It might not be AS hilarious to read, but it is still pretty doggone funny. ~ Michael