Saturday, May 19, 2007

since May 1st

Here are a few pictures from the past two weeks since Gemma was born. She is a great baby and is growing and changing already. I wish I could keep her in the newborn stage longer then it actually lasts. I am just trying to enjoy it since I know that in no time she will be running around with the other kids and talking my ear off.

Gemma, one week old


Almost 2 weeks old.


Deja vu, eh? I know it looks just like the picture above, but it is what she looks like a lot...and it is so cute. Those pictures were taken on different days and she is wearing different outfits to prove it. Early on she slept quite a bit, but lately she has been spending a more time awake looking around. I'll try to get a shot of her with her eyes open one of these days.


Marlow and her little sister...


Oh, here we have one of Gemma with her eyes open.


When the drywall for the house was delivered two years ago, the truck parked on our front brick sidewalk and left a dip in it....it has always bothered me. So for Mother's Day Joseph and the boys pulled the bricks up (shortly after the boys ran down the street to play with a friend) and Joseph leveled it up and replaced the bricks so we have a nice flat walkway now.


The girls relaxed on the porch while the boys worked on the walkway.


The big kids playing with their new water baseball game. Some thoughtful friends brought it for them when they brought a baby gift for Gemma.


Eliot has seemed a lot bigger lately. He is still super sweet and loves all his siblings tons....he loves to point to Gemma and say, "Baby." He can say everyone's name except for hers, but he'll get it soon.


Marlow playing in the pool.

And finally a parting shot of Gemma and one of her many cousins... I think we are up to nine cousins now, of which five have been born in the past year. Lots of buddies to play with: Max, Ian, Gage, Calliope and Maddie (Plus their older siblings: Mason, Moriah, Zoe and Jack).

Calliope at three months old and Gemma at two weeks old. It seems like a big difference now but in a year they'll be running around together.

9 comments:

Michael Nichols said...

Can't wait to see all my nieces and nephews this summer :-) Those were great pictures, Gemma is beautiful, just like the rest of them.

Joseph said...

Gosh, Amy. I know you were trying to convey how thoughtful we were to fix your sidewalk on Mother's Day... but when I see it in writing like that, it's pretty embarrassing that it took me that long to get to it. I mean, where was I the previous two Mother's Days!?...

Oh, and for the record, Eliot did say 'Gemma' very clearly for me shortly after she was born. But for some reason he hasn't done it again... We need to get a picture of him carrying around the baby doll. That is cute!

Michelle D said...

Love all the photos guys! Gemma is gorgeous and I can't wait till the boys can play with their cousins:)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. I especially love the one of Marlow holding Gemma with her eyes open. They look so secure with each other.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Gosh Amy, I don't know how you do it, but clearly you are awesome. She is gorgeous! Congratulations on another beautiful baby, hopefully one day I can make it up to see you guys, or let me know the next time you go to see Katie and Ryan, maybe I can coordinate a trip, Love you guys, Take care, Leah

Anonymous said...

Cute does not even come close!!!!

SMS said...

Beautiful as always. When can we expect the next one?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

Great photos Amy, can't wait to see you guys Wed. Will call this evening. Love, G'ma

TulipGirl said...

Such sweet little ones! (And how precious to see the baby sleep in the moses basket. . . brings back memories of when my sis was a baby. . .)