Sunday, November 12, 2006

My accent, or lack of accent

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland

Boston

North Central

The South

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The Northeast

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

I'm from Florida, my parents are from the West coast...I've always lived in the South.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just took this quiz and they said I have a Boston accent. I was born in WA state and have now spent an equal amount of time in the South as well. I do try to fight the tendency of a southern accent, maybe its the influence of my MA born husband.
Thanks for the "wicked" fun distraction while Lizzie is watching an Elmo video.
: )

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely from the South. How does Joseph come out?

Anonymous said...

They pegged me as Midland... or another way of putting it, they said, You have no accent. The effects of moving from Alabama to Florida in junior high school years, I guess... where when you're trying your best to fit in, the first thing you have to do is quit talking like you're from Alabama!

Anonymous said...

Born in northern Ohio, Moved to west coast as a young teen, married an Air force man and lived many places in the USA and Libya. Limited travel in a few other countries. I don't think I have any accent but have picked up a few "y'all's" a long the way. G'ma